Journey To Health ~ Week 2 January 11 2017, 0 Comments
Starting your morning off right helps to set the tone for the rest of the day. One of the best things you can do in the morning is to drink a mug of warm lemon water.
Adopting just this one practice of drinking warm, lemon water first thing in the morning. can positively alter your whole day.
Here are just 5 benefits of warm lemon water :
1. Lemons are high in Vitamin C and potassium so they help boost your immune system.
2. It aids in digestion. The warm water serves to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and peristalsis, which helps keep things moving. Lemons and limes are also high in minerals and vitamins and loosen the toxins, in the digestive tract.
3. Lemon juice is a natural diuretic.
4. Lemons enhance and energize your mood.
5. Lemons help balance the PH levels in the body. Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for the body. Yes they are acidic outside the body but Lemons contain both citric and ascorbic acid, weak acids easily metabolized from the body allowing the mineral content of lemons to help alkalize the blood.
Starting your day right with warm lemon water is easy. First thing in the morning, before eating or drinking anything else, simply squeeze 1/2 of a fresh lemon into a cup of warm water and drink. That is it. An easy way to make a healthy change.
This is Week 2 of our Journey to Health. If you would like to see more on this please check out the following link
Journey to Health Week 1