REAL FOOD MONDAY ~ 15 Minute Seared Tuna Dinner May 15 2017, 0 Comments
As the days grow longer and warmer, I look for simple, easy, real food recipes. This Seared Tuna with Saved Root Vegetables is perfect. It is ready in about 15 minutes. Plus it is delicious.
Seared Tuna with Shaved Root Vegetables.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 4 ounces baby gold beets, thinly shaved
- 1 (4-oz.) fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly shaved
- 4 ounces baby turnips, thinly shaved
- 1 (6-oz.) Granny Smith apple, very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 (6-oz.) tuna steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon torn fennel fronds
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, mustard, and honey in a large bowl. Add beets, fennel, turnips, and apple; toss to coat. Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a cast-iron skillet over high. Sprinkle tuna with pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; place in hot pan. Cook 90 seconds on both sides (for rare) or until desired degree of doneness. Remove tuna from pan. Slice thinly, and serve with salad; top with fennel fronds.
Serves 4. Recipe and image courtesy of Cooking Light.